Terms & Conditions
Island Link-Up Website and Mobile Application Materials & Agreements
(A) COPYRIGHT NOTICE
- Unless otherwise expressly stated, copyright, database right or similar rights in all material presented on this Site (including graphical images, text, video clips, reprographics, sounds, demos, patches and other files) is owned, controlled or licensed by the Operator or its affiliates and is protected or covered by copyright, trade mark, intellectual property law and other proprietary rights.
- You have limited permission to display, print or download extracts from these pages for your personal non-commercial and non-profit use only and you shall not be entitled to commercialise any such material in any way.
- Any copies of the pages of the Site which you save to disk or to any other storage system or medium may only be used for subsequent viewing purposes or to print extracts for personal use.
- You may not (whether directly or indirectly including through the use of any program) create a database in an electronic or other form by downloading and storing all or any part of the pages from this Site without our prior written consent save as expressly authorised by an agreement in writing between us.
- Unless with our prior permission no part of this Site may be reproduced or transmitted to or stored in any other website, nor may any of its pages or part thereof be disseminated in any electronic or non-electronic form, nor included in any public or private electronic retrieval system or service.
- Linking to the homepage of our Site is greatly appreciated but written permission for using our name, logo and linking to our site is required. Please contact [firstname.lastname@example.org]. No deep linking or framing will be permitted without prior written agreement. We reserve the right to revoke such permission at any time. Linking to our Site is subject to our Linking Terms and Conditions.
- You may not amend, republish, distribute, reproduce, adapt or modify any of the materials on this Site or use any of the materials for public performance or otherwise make commercial use of this Site or any materials located on it without our prior written consent.
- The permission granted terminates automatically if you breach any of these terms or other terms and conditions applicable to this Site.
- Nothing on this Site or your use of any of the services shall be construed as conferring any licence or other rights under the intellectual property or other proprietary rights of the owners and operators of this Site, its affiliates or any third party, whether implied or otherwise, save as expressly provided.
The contents of this Site are subject to the matters set out below:
- Contents are only for general information or use by our clients (as indicated).
- The information on this page and Site is updated from time to time. However, we hereby exclude any warranties (whether expressed or implied), as to the quality, accuracy, efficacy, completeness, performance, fitness for a particular purpose of this page, the Site or any of its contents, including (but not limited) to any price quotes or non-fraudulent representations contained within the Site.
- We will not be liable for any damages (including, without limitation, damages for any consequential loss or loss of business opportunities or projects, or loss of profits) howsoever arising and whether in contract, tort or otherwise from the use of or inability to use the Site, or any of its contents and materials, or from any action or omission taken as a result of using the Site or any such contents. In any event our liability for all damages and losses (including negligence) shall not in any circumstances exceed the amount paid by you, if any, for accessing this Site. We are also not responsible for any loss arising out of the delay in services provided to you by virtue of any Agreement with the Providers listed on our website.
- This Site contains material in the form of information, price quotes or representations submitted by third parties and we accept no responsibility for the content or accuracy of such material nor do we make any representations by virtue of the contents of this Site in respect of the guaranteed availability of any services advertised. We are also not responsible for errors that may be posted.
- We make no warranty that the contents of the Site are free from infection by viruses or anything else which has contaminating or destructive properties and shall have no liability in respect thereof.
- All liability is excluded to the fullest extent permitted by applicable law including any implied terms as the content of this Site is provided “as is” without warranties of any kind. We reserve the right to change all the contents of this Site at any time without notice to you.
- This Site is a travel query website which allows customers to search available flights, accommodations and rental cars with. We provide information. The Site is responsible fully for the travel products and services accessed on this website. You are therefore bound by the terms of the Site your trip is booked with.
- Persons accessing products and services through this website do so at their own risk. The Site and its administrators will not be held responsible for any mishaps, problems or discrepancies that occur with bookings or at the time of purchase or travel.
- All information displayed on this site is for the purpose of allowing customers to make their own decisions regarding travel. Information stated on this website should not be interpreted as an endorsement to any Travel Provider from the operators of this website.
- The law of the Commonwealth of the Bahamas applies with respect to contents of this Site. We control and operate this Site from our offices in the Commonwealth of the Bahamas. If you do not agree with the governing law or these terms, please do not use this Site.
(C) USER RULES OF CONDUCT/FORUM/FACILITY
By participating in and using this Facility you represent that you have read, accept and are bound by this acceptable use policy.
[Participation in the Site feedback forum facility (the “Facility”) [and exchange of e-mails with other users] will be subject to rules of good practice and courtesy to others. The principal purpose of our Facility is to facilitate information and feedback by users regarding the use of our Site and the products advertised thereunder]
These postings, discussions and debates are intended to be open, honest and as unfettered as legally possible. To assist the Facility, we expect participants in the Facility to follow these few basic guidelines (which form part of the terms and conditions for access and use of our website and services) as are acceptable for a use policy:
- You cannot upload to Islandlinkup.com (the “Website”) or otherwise distribute or publish through the Facility or the Website any matter or material which is or may be considered abusive, pornographic, illegal, defamatory, obscene, racist or which is otherwise unlawful or designed to cause disruption to any computer systems or network.
- No user shall post any message to the Facility which is in violation of the acceptable use policies in respect of this Facility. We reserve the right to delete and remove all postings.
- You are fully and solely responsible for your postings, messages, comments or discussions and accept liability for any resulting actions.
- The comments, postings and messages are opinions of the respective contributors or authors and do not necessarily reflect our opinions. We accept no responsibility for and make no representations relating to any messages, postings, comments and discussions.
- We do not confirm or represent the legitimacy, accuracy, reliability, correctness or currency of any data or postings entered by a user.
- You consent to the disclosure through the software of your e-mail address. We believe and hope that the availability of such e-mail addresses can facilitate the growth of an online community within our Facility and ensure that participants take full responsibility for their postings.
- The Facility cannot under any circumstances be used for commercial purposes by any participant or user.
- We do not and cannot review every message posted on the Facility or Website. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the content of the postings, discussions and messages.
- You grant us a royalty free irrevocable permission to reproduce, download and print your postings, comments and messages. We reserve and retain the right or ability to remove the availability or ability of participants to post comments in the event of any breach of these acceptable use provisions.
- We will enforce appropriate sanctions against any of our Facility users or customers who are responsible for abuse of the Facility. Such sanctions may include but are not limited to (a) a formal warning, (b) suspension of access through our Website or machines, (c) suspension of access to the Facility site or section, (d) termination of membership, or (e) termination of any registration of the user with our Website or services.
- By participation and use of this service, each user acknowledges that they will remain solely responsible for the content of their messages, comments and postings.
- We accept no responsibility for loss of data, information in any form or other matters whatsoever which result from the use of the Facility.
- We shall be entitled without liability to the user and at our discretion to remove any such content from our server immediately.
- You agree to indemnify and undertake to keep indemnified Operator and the operators of the Facility and the Website, their officers, servants and agents against any costs or expenses (including the cost of any settlement) arising out of any claim, action, proceeding or demand that may be brought, made or prosecuted against any of them arising out of or as a consequence of an unlawful or negligent act or omission or an infringement of any third party rights which arise out of or are connected in any way with the Facility and/or arising out of a breach of this acceptable use policy.
By participating in and using this Facility, you represent, undertake, accept and acknowledge that you have read and accept the disclaimer notice, copyright notice, terms and conditions of use and our privacy and data protection policy.
(D) DATA SECURITY POLICY
We control physical security in relation to the information and personal data that is contained at our facilities and restrict access to the site, buildings, computer rooms, office desk, technology areas, equipment and other facilities where unauthorised access by people could compromise our security.
All proprietary or confidential information, including personal data, is contained or stored on our information technology equipment and any that is contained and stored on manual files is locked up and secure.
We control access to information and personal data, including existing procedures for authorising and authenticating users as well as software controls for restricting access and techniques for protecting data such as encryption.
We maintain a business continuity plan as a contingency plan which identifies our business functions and assets (including personal data) which would need to be maintained in the event of disaster and set out the procedures for protecting and restoring them if necessary.
In respect of detection and investigation of breaches where they occur, we have in place relevant controls which should alert us to a breach in security.
We endeavour to investigate every breach of security.
We cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data disclosed to it or collected by it.
We are strongly committed to the protection of your privacy online and accordingly, we take protective measures to protect the personal information provided to us by you.
We also take further measures to comply with the relevant statement regarding what we can do with personal information we obtain from you.
We are notified under the Data Protection Act 2003, and the accompanying regulations (Act) and intend to comply with all our obligations under that Act. You consent to our processing of your information.
We collect certain information or data about you when you use our site. The details we collect includes information you provide, your IP address, details of your web browser, information on how you use our site.
In order to assist us you may provide us with information from time to time which we may require or use for the purposes of providing you with any required services, information or requested activity including contacting you and providing notification to you in relation to such services or related activity.
We may provide the data collected from you to members of our group companies [or other third party including our agents and contractors in connection with the service]. We will inform you prior to disclosing your information to any other third party. If you can be identified from the information that is disclosed, then we will not disclose such information without prior notification to you and we will obtain your permission to do so. You may inform us at any time not to pass on or share your personal information with any third parties.
The registration information you provide may be required to use the service or Site. We will store this information and data and use it to contact you, provide you with further details of the services and otherwise for the normal use, provision of services and improvement of the Site, unless you ask us not to do so.
The information may be disclosed to third parties to enable you to gain access to any restricted part of the Site, enable you to receive information which you have requested to be sent to you by post or for you to receive specified services.
We are taking and will endeavour to continue taking all reasonable steps in order to protect your personal information and data. However, we cannot guarantee the security of any personal information or data you disclose online, having regard to the nature of the internet. We may use encryption technology from time to time to assist in protecting any information or data which you submit. In any event, you accept the inherent security implications of disclosing information over the internet and agree not to hold us responsible for any breach of security unless we have been negligent or wilfully in default of our obligations under the relevant legislation.
We store your data on our secure services in the United States but we may store it outside the United States where our employees, agents or partners need to view it.
We cannot completely guarantee the security of your data transmitted over the internet, but we have relevant security procedures to safeguard your data.
At any time, if you are concerned that the information we hold about you is incorrect, please do not hesitate to contact us to correct such information.